Nowadays, customers are waiting for a better experience from companies. Consequently, tools that lead to sales progress and consumer’s loyalty must be provided. A way to reach this mission is the chatbot.
According to Facebook IQ reports, chatbots registered an interannual growth of 5,6 times from January 2017 to 2018. This represents also an intermonthly growth of 0,9 times. Based on the previous information, companies have confirmed how this tool will improve the client’s attention.
What’s a chatbot?
it is an automated assistant, that will reach out to clients by utilizing texts messages. With the use of website integration, applications allow businesses to be closer to the clients.
The chatbot is one of the most valued assets for a business. They provide value when sending automatic messages and receiving basic messages. They can be found in mobile plataforms and social media.
The latest chatboxs are fed by a more complicated type of artificial intelligence, called “natural language processing”. It is a method about allowing machines to understand and respond to human languages. Better ways of Neurolinguistics Programming are always being developed to understand customers (Følstad, 2018).
Regarding the main company benefits, the “2018 State of Chatbots Report” showed the following ones:
- Capacity to provide service to clients 24/7 (64 %).
- To offer immediate response to questions or consultations from clients (55 %).
- Easy communication (51 %).
On the other hand, Følstad (2018) makes It clear about the variety of motivations users encounter to use chatbots:
- Efficiency and comfort.
- User experience.
- Social aspects.
- Sense of innovation.
It exposes, as well, that a chatbot, when speaking about customers’ interactions, is characterized for expressing emotional states. With the use of artificial intelligence, these tools dentify and reply according to the users’ emotional statements. This translates into working like human operators due to the automatic learning to detect feelings.
How to achieve customer’s satisfaction?
- To prioritize efficient service. Users must experience constantly the chatbot channel as the best one when choosing this option.
- Chatboxs limitations and characteristics transparency. It is essential to notify users clearly about what he or she can do and or not. This will help the client to choose the chatbot channel when this option is the most efficient one.
- To strengthen the user’s experience with the use of a human conversation type. A courteous, personalized and human appearance, can improve improve the user’s experience and the confidence in the chatbot.
- To profit from the brand authority, which will probably spread to the chatbot. Therefore, the brand strategical use and chatbot hosting can affect confidence positively.
- To demonstrate both security and privacy are prioritized. The design and the chatbot dialogues must clarify these two elements, security and privacy, are the main priority.
Følstad, A. (2018). What Makes Users Trust a Chatbot for Customer Service? An Exploratory Interview Study. Paper published in the proceedings of the Fifth International Conference on Internet Science-INSCI 2018. The version of record is available at the following address https://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007/978-3-030-01437-7_16